The SlyeStrong#6 Foundation, a registered 501(c)(3), has been established in loving memory of Andrew “AJ” Slye, who is a testimony to us all regarding how to endure and enlighten in the face of hardship. Read AJ’s Story here. Throughout AJ’s battle, his family, friends, and the community became a constant source of support and strength to AJ and the entire Slye family. Through the work of our foundation, we give back to the community and continue to support those who are currently enduring hardship.
To honor and remember AJ by supporting the fight to cure cancer through heightened community outreach, God’s strength and pure perseverance.
MissionTo serve as a catalyst to find a cure for cancer, to give back to the communities who came together wholeheartedly in spirit, love, and hope to strengthen the fight for life, and to be a platform for all who have lost loved ones.
GoalsThe SLYESTRONG#6 Foundation has identified a set of organizational goals that are expected to evolve as the foundation moves forward.
• Provide academic scholarships to graduating seniors in each of the five Stafford County Public Schools and a 6th scholarship to a 5A North Region senior football player.
• Promote awareness of cancer and opportunities to help.
• Raise money to support medical research in the fight to cure cancer.
• Meet immediate community needs to alleviate hardship and promote a positive outlook.
• Provide comfort to those living with cancer – the individuals and their families.
• Establish and maintain relationships with all supporters.
VIRGINIA: The SlyeStrong#6 Foundation files a financial report for each campaign it conducts. Copies of these financial reports are available from the Virginia Office of Consumer Affairs, P.O. Box 1163, Richmond, VA 23218; 1-804-786-1343.